Sunday, June 21, 2009

Busy Week

Well, the past week+ has been rather busy, so I guess I'll update.

Last Saturday, my church had an all-day job search seminar. They needed volunteers to help with set up, tear down, and such. I'd volunteered to help whenever they needed, so they tapped me for the last couple hours and tear down. Between that and a couple shopping stops I had to do up in that part of town anyhow, that ate up the afternoon and a lot of the evening.

Sunday was calm, though I had a friend staying with me while he waited for a semi to be assigned to him for his job, so I had some traditional "entertaining" duties.

Monday night I had a meeting at church. Tuesday evening was small group, and the host family invited me over for dinner before, which was a pleasant surprise. Wednesday was the "quiet" day of the week, though my friend got the good news that they'd found a semi for him, and he started with it, driving solo, the next day. Thursday was the monthly summer Men's Group get-together up at one guy's property near Gilmer; he has a private lake, so a lot of the guys go fishing (I just go to hang out).

Friday was quiet again, my first day alone at home for almost 2 weeks, which was kinda weird. Saturday afternoon, I went to see X-Men in the dollar theater; if it was a random action movie it'd be OK, but as a franchise thing it left a lot to be desired.

In the downtime I've had, I've been working on a couple things. One is finally getting my Roth IRA planned out. When my truck's fuel pump died the day after I went to meet an advisor, I made a car replacement priority. Now that excuse is gone, so it's time to get this over with. Also, my dad's computer is starting to act up, so he's looking for advise on new, modern pieces, so I did some digging on that for him.

Tomorrow evening I had another meeting at church, then Tuesday and Wednesday for work I've got to go to all-day training sessions on safety (it's become the new big thing by our parent company), so I'm probably going to spend the rest of the week trying to play catch-up from that.

No comments: