Sunday, October 21, 2007

Presidential Debate Opinon

Well, I just finished watching the Republican Presidential Debate on FoxNews, and here's my finishing order:

1) Huckabee
2) McCain
3) Romney
4) Hunter/Tancredo (Tie)
6) Thompson
7) Giuliani
8) Paul

My criteria:

Plusses: Answers I agree with, good (but not attacking) "zingers"
Minuses: Answers I disagree with, going overtime, not answering questions

I'll fully admit that I'm already supporting Huckabee, but I still think he did the best. His answers were on-point and short, and did not attack the other candidates. He's just the most relaxed and likable candidate, but also has the experience and grit to back it up. He even advocated the one thing that really needs to happen to restrain judicial activists: impeachment.

McCain showed his consistent principles, and how his military service would make his an excellent Commander-in-Chief.

Romney did well, but didn't answer a couple questions.

Thompson was OK, but came out seeming more attacking than solving problems.

Ron Paul disgraced himself as always. His loyal base may be able to make noise and pay money, but is way too small and completely wrong.

No comments: